Sharjah International Book Fair 29th Edition

My photo
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
ExpoCenter 7th - 17th November, 2012. Hours | Saturday - Thursday: 10a.m. - 10p.m.; Friday: 4p.m - 10p.m.

Saturday 6 November 2010

My Visit to Sharjah Part II — Arab Voices

I was greeted at Dubai air port by two Emirati men from Sharjah. One of them handed me a very beautiful bouquet of flowers. It made me feel like I am a star! The ride to the hotel was very interesting. They asked me so many questions. Some were personal like how I met my husband? I told them that he saw me on TV! By then, both had their heads rolled back from the front seat (one was driving) asking me to say more. Told them they will have to wait for my second book and read about it.

I was surprised that they asked me about the economy in the USA and how much homes in Florida were selling for. I would give them estimates and then the two would carry a separate conversation with eacth other discussing the accuracy of what I had just told them and compare it with whatever knowledge they had about the subject. I had no idea what to think of what was going on but I guess this is what travel is all about: experiencing new things!

The two men left me after they made sure my room was ready.

Let me share with you this nice surpise I found while reading the Delta Sky magazine on my very long flight from Atlanta to Dubai.

Dr Nayef Al -Mutawa creator of The 99

You can read more about him here

Second day I was met by Rupert Bu “our” liaison from the Book Fair. We walked (Tried to act like a Floridian used to heat and humidity but could not stop nagging after 10 minutes of walking) to a very nice place called Al Qasbah.

No comments:

Post a Comment