Sharjah International Book Fair 29th Edition

My photo
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
ExpoCenter 7th - 17th November, 2012. Hours | Saturday - Thursday: 10a.m. - 10p.m.; Friday: 4p.m - 10p.m.

Saturday 6 November 2010

Interstitial Spaces #shjibf � Zohra Saed

To be interstitial means being located at the intersection of the local and the global, mediating between the two contrary categories which in syllogism are called subalternity and superalternity.

Hamid Naficy: from An Accented Cinema

In Tayyif, my father and I discover a mud hut during a picnic to the countryside. Inside the cool soft air and the texture of clay/mud packed walls. During my visit to the Sharjah International Book Fair, the director of our brigadier of authors/tweeters/bloggers, Rupert Bumfrey, took us on a tour of the mountains and farms outside of Sharjah city. Bidya Mosque in Fujairah returned me to that first place of exploration as a child that had left such an impact on my memory.

Tayyif, Saudi Arabia at Age 5, the Last Time I Explored Clay Architecture

Bidya Mosque in Fujairah (ancient mosque) my most Recent Exploration

No comments:

Post a Comment