Sharjah International Book Fair 29th Edition

My photo
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
ExpoCenter 7th - 17th November, 2012. Hours | Saturday - Thursday: 10a.m. - 10p.m.; Friday: 4p.m - 10p.m.

Monday 14 November 2011

#SHJIBF professional programme | Emerging Writers' Festival

While Sharjah International Book Fair (SHJIBF) kicks off proper on the 16th November, I am here early to take part in the festival’s professional program.

The SHIBF Professional Programme is an inaugural conference that brings together publishers, agents, some authors and general literary industry types for a range of seminars and networking opportunities relevant to our industry. The delegates come from all over the world, with an abundance of people from the Middle East and Europe.

I was thrilled to be invited, and really excited when I saw the programmed panels and talks – the topics are amazing and, as the saying goes, highly relevant to my interests. I’m particularly excited about getting out of my (and Australia’s!) Western framework and considering issues from different perspectives – Arabic, Asian and more.

I’m looking forward to some informative and no doubt inspiring discussions with my fellow delegates.

No comments:

Post a Comment