Sharjah International Book Fair 29th Edition

My photo
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
ExpoCenter 7th - 17th November, 2012. Hours | Saturday - Thursday: 10a.m. - 10p.m.; Friday: 4p.m - 10p.m.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sharjah in rearview « Que Sera Sara?

This trip has been positively eye-opening.

While I may leave Sharjah imminently, this experience has left me enlivened, positively brimming with exciting ideas.

Thanks so much to @rupertbu @bodour @nouranoman @kalimat_ booksand the Department of Culture & Information for their hospitality and support.

Thanks to my drivers and tour guide for their wonderful insights and helpful advice.

Thanks to the posse I came with @AnnaNotKarenina @HughesPeg@hannahjmcgill @misssophiecooke and @sarasheridan for their utter awesomeness and random chat.

Thanks to new friends including @lisadempster @100TPC @arablit@drawmedy @anitasethi and approximately a million others.

… and to everyone at Sharjah International Book Fair and throughout the city that helped make it such an amazing journey.

There are still many stories left to tell – about beautiful places, inspiring people, passionate debates and as promised, plenty of amazing new foods [wait until I tell you about the heavenly Om Ali...].

I’ll keep writing them as long as they keep wheedling away in my brain.

It may take a while to spin it all out, but I’m rather glad. Looking back on sunny Sharjah will help stave off winter’s chill a few more weeks; the perfect remedy to Edinburgh’s darkest nooks and crannies.

No comments:

Post a Comment