Sharjah International Book Fair 29th Edition

My photo
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
ExpoCenter 7th - 17th November, 2012. Hours | Saturday - Thursday: 10a.m. - 10p.m.; Friday: 4p.m - 10p.m.

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Lisa Dempster › Home sweet hotel

Sharjah International Book Fair

I have been staying at the Corniche Al Buhaira Hotel in Sharjah, but everyone refers to it as the Millennium because that’s what it used to be called – hey, habits can be hard to break, right?

Sharjah International Book Fair

Excited wheeee shot upon entering 716 for the first time

It is my 9th night (I think – you do the math) and it started to feel like home, oh, 8 nights or so ago. It’s a 5 star hotel and as lovely and plush as you would expect. My room is palatial. The lobby is huge. There is a good-for-a-hotel gym (plus two pools, steam room and sauna). The breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets are enormous and about a third of it is vegan friendly. (The highlight is breakfast – foul medames; muesli with stewed dates, figs and apricots; hommus; need I say more? Ok the coffee is shit filter and the waiters hover like vultures.)

Sharjah International Book Fair

View from the gym

Some people get tired of staying in hotels but I NEVER DO. I could move in here quite happily.

Sharjah International Book Fair

Hotel love

1 comment: