Sharjah International Book Fair 29th Edition

My photo
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
ExpoCenter 7th - 17th November, 2012. Hours | Saturday - Thursday: 10a.m. - 10p.m.; Friday: 4p.m - 10p.m.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Writing Workshop at #SHJIBF « Zohra Saed

A highlight of the Sharjah International Book Fair was the creative writing workshop that my Sahar Muradi, Lisa Dempster and I ran at a lovely room at the fair itself (held at the Sharjah Expo Center).

We had some writing prompts:

“I remember…”

“The first time I…”

and finally “I am…” followed by descriptions using the 5 senses.

We gave everyone 3 minutes to free write.

@mohannad_adnan and @arabvoicesspeak writing

The results were:

@hamna Hamna Ahmed

‘I remember my 1st accident. I crashed the car and nearly ran *cringe*

@ArtLoversME Sarah

my 3min write up:’The first time I cry was the first time I fly|out of my mothers womb into a brighten room.How strange the change’

You can find her full poem Here

@MujeebJaihoon Mujeeb Jaihoon

I remember my own poem My mother my paradise which I wrote for my mom.

Of course, when technology is involved, there is always a glitch as in this case:

@musafirs Azim : something went wrong my tweets from #shjibf @ writing wrokshop did not come on line.. :(

He posted the entire poem, rather than 140 characters of it on his blog (quite clever).

@AlaskaMongolia Maryam Ismail also shared her vibrant poetry. Turns out Maryam also knew Suheir Hammad, which was a lovely connection.

Lovely writers: @yjraissati Yasmina Jraissati who is an agent for Arabic literature, and @ArabVoicesSpeak Samar Jarrah was generous to tweet our constellation of voices. Thank you!

my own chicken-scratch responses to the writing prompts

~ by zohrasaed on November 14, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment